Study in SHATEC
On 2 July 1983, a milestone was set in the history of the Singapore hotel industry when the Singapore Hotel Association* (SHA) launched its very own industry school, SHATEC.
SHA which is the apex body for hotels in Singapore since 1961 established SHATEC, a not-for-profit hospitality school with the following objectives:
- To provide training and education to fresh school leavers and career switchers for the hotel and F&B sectors – this is to ensure a continuous pipeline of talents for its hotel members and the hospitality industry
- Up-skill and upgrade the existing talents in the hospitality industry
SHATEC collaborated with the world-renowned Swiss École hôtelière de Lausanne to develop its courses when it first started. It became the region’s first dedicated hotel school, training new entrants for the hospitality industry and conducting development program for industry professionals.
SHATEC is one of the largest hospitality institutes in Asia, stretching over a vast space of more than 9,000 sq. meters. Some of its key features are:
- Its training module, service and methodology is recognized not just by other universities but also by governments and industry.
- Singapore Tourism Board and the Singapore International Hotel and Tourism College has worked together in close associating in the sphere of human resource development in Myanmar and Vietnam
- The World Gourmet Summit Electrolux Culinary Institution of the Year Award was awarded to SHATEC for 4 years
- The College delivered programs for the United Nations Development Program besides generating manuals for European Community projects in human resource development.
- The Most Outstanding Contribution to Tourism award was given by the Singapore Tourism Board to the College in the year 1992
For more information about the college, courses, tuition fees scholarships and industry partners, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com