Bachelor of Science in Equine Science
BSc degree in Equine Science provides you with the opportunity to underpin your career aspirations with specialist knowledge and skills. This programme, unique in Europe, has been developed because of the economic importance of the horse and related industries and the consequential need to produce highly qualified personnel with the specialised knowledge to exploit the potential of these industries.
The overall aim of the programme is to equip you with degree-level competence in the disciplines of Equine Science and a choice of professional studies in either Equitation* (the art or practice of horse riding or horsemanship) or Equine Business Management. Graduates of the programme contribute to the continued development of the horse industry through the application of their knowledge, skills and research in Science, Equitation and Business Management.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Behavior and Handling
- Interpersonal Skills
Employability skills from this degree
- Working independently and in teams
- Working at all levels of the horse industry
- Knowledge of equitation and business
- Familiarity with the national and international horse industry
- Thinking critically
- Equine Enterprise Management (Stud Farms, Show Jumping Yards, Racing Yards, Equestrian Centres).
- Leisure, Recreation and Tourism based on Equine activities.
- Equestrian Marketing and Sales Enterprises.
- Equine related service industry (food supply, equipment manufacturing, laboratory servicing, management information (IT)).
- Equine Research and Development.