Food ScienceFood science is about applying science and engineering to develop new food products or improve existing ones. Studying food science will teach you the different food processing methods used when creating new products, including how various foods should be harvested, prepared, preserved and packaged. You will also learn how to analyze food texture, flavors and nutritional composition as well as gain in-depth knowledge about food safety. What Will You Study in Food Science?
- Food Chemistry
- Human Nutrition
- Food Biochemistry
- Food Product Development and Innovation
- Food Processing, Preservation and Packaging
- Food Safety and Quality Management.
Why Should You Study Food Science?
What Skills Do You Need for a Food Science Course?What Career Options Do You Have With a Food Science Degree? Here are some careers that you can seek upon graduating:-
- Food scientist
- Food technologist
- Food product/process development specialist
- Food safety inspector
- Flavour chemist
- Quality assurance associate
- Raw materials procurement executive.